Flexible install on the rooftop of my 13′ Casita Patriot fiberglass RV. At first I was considering doing a “no hole” install, but decided that in order to do that, I would have longer wire runs on the outside of my Casita than I would like. I decided to drill.In order to prevent any rooftop leakage, though, I used a cable gland to cover the hole and used Eternabond to attach both my and my the cable gland. By using Eternabond, this allowed me to attach the panel directly to the roof of my Casita without making additional screw holes. LINKS: - HQST Flexible : - Eternabond tape: - Link Solar Cable Entry Gland: - RENOGY 5 Pair MC4 Male/ Female Cable Connectors Double Seal Rings for Better Waterproof Effect: 1″ hole saw: Videos: installation (From Start to Finish): Flexible Rooftop Installation on my Casita! First I placed the HQST Flexible centered on the roof of my 13’ Casita Patriot. Once positioned I marked the edges with a sharpie. I’m not worried about marks as I will be covering the edges with Eternabond tape anyway. I then stuck some industrial strength velcro with a sticky backing in order to hold the position of the panel on the roof so it would’t move while I applied the Eternabond tape.I then placed the cable entry gland. The cable entry gland will provide cover for the hole that I am about to drill through the roof of my Casita. The wires get fed through the nipples of the gland. The edges are then covered with Eternabond tape as well.I mark the place where I am going to drill. Time to drill!Once drilled I feed the charge control cables through the hole in the roof. Here’s the view from inside the Casita looking up at the roof. Make sure you know which end is positive and which end is negative. I even used red tape to mark the Positive end so that there was no doubt.I decided to hook the panels together in Parallel rather than series. One reason is that they have similar power specs, and 2, I can just run the roof panel by itself. If I did it in series, I would forever have to run both my rooftop and portable at the same time, as they would have to be connected in order for the series connection to work.I then downloaded the PDF for the Adventurer PWM Charge Controller to figure out again where the Panel wires go, and which entry was for which polarity.I then connected everything first to ensure that it was working correctly before I pasted everything down.Once I could see that the panels were delivering a charge it was time to tape everything down.Eternabond was originally used for rooftop repairs. I was going to use VHB tape, but decided that the eternabond would be sufficient. I then cut the tape to fit, peeled back the edges, and pressed the tape to seal.I then had to strip the panel wires of their connectors in order to fit through the cable gland. Once through I tightened the nipple to create a watertight seal. Once the wires were through the nipples I then sealed the perimeter of the cable gland, then connected both panels in Parallel and tested the setup. As you can see, the Panels, represented by “PV” are drawing a charge. Over time, the battery should top off.From start to finish, this project took me under 2 hours. It took me a lot less time as I already had the Casita wired for a single panel – adding a second panel was not as big of a deal. Hope this is helpful for you, please subscribe, comment and give me a thumbs up if you liked the video!